I started with The STPLN Window Project in January 2013 where we went out with our first Open Call for artists. The project is rooted in Unit 9 The Hoxton Window Project, which is based in East London. Just as Unit 9 grants STPLN its large windows blank canvas and we welcome all types of art from illustration and graphic design to interactive installations.
In 2013 we produced the project itself, but in 2014 we started a collaboration with the art magazine and Creative Studio Little Finger, cooperation was giving and we in nowadays still curate the project with them.
Under 2015 we received an exciting cooperation, the project was sponsored by Posca Sweden.
The project has the following guidelines:
The dimensions of the main window is H: 170 cm, W 160 cm, the above-fitting windows is 160 wide and have varying height between 23-42 cm.
- All material which does not leave marks or damage is allowed.
- The windows need not be filled.
- Up to 4 days are given to complete the work.
- We stand for material costs and food during the working day
- We will strive for a balance in gender among artists.
Until now around 34 different artists from different countries, mainly the scandinavian countries have intervened STPLN's Windows.
You find all of the STPLN Window Projects HERE